Joining the library service is free and easy. It gives you access to:
Joining can be done online or in person in any of the Essex libraries.
You don’t need any identification to join the library.
Completing the registration form will give you an ‘Adult temp’ membership. You will receive a registration number by email and will be able to:
- search the library catalogue immediately
- reserve items that can be sent to any library in Essex
Join at the library
Take your registration number into your local library if you want to:
- collect your library card and any reserved items
- change your membership type - if child, young adult, memory, access or friends and family membership is more appropriate
- take advantage of the full range of library services, including e-books and e-magazines.
Pop along to your local library where you will be given membership and your library card.
Please note: You can’t join the library over the phone.
Lost library card or reactivate account
You will need to come into a library to get a replacement card or to reactivate your account.
You must bring identification with your name and address on it such as a driving licence, passport or recent utility bill.
There is a charge of £1.10 for replacing lost or damaged library cards.
Update your account details