As part of the Warm Welcomes initiative, we are recruiting volunteers to assist in delivering this offer in their local community.
What is the role about?
You will welcome customers into the library and explain what we have to offer, inviting customers to activities run in the library as well as running community tea events providing customers a safe and warm environment in which they can stay.
What will it involve?
• actively setting up and running the community tea for your local library
• working with partners to ensure the best customer service possible
• regular meetings with the library supervisor to establish the best approach for the library
• helping staff run activities and events for the community
• assisting customers with queries
• sign posting customers to relevant charities such as their local food bank, as well as other services which may be of use
What will you get from volunteering?
• becoming a pillar of the community and helping those in need
• experience and skills to enhance your CV such as customer service skills
What skills and experience do you need?
• good communication and people skills
• awareness of current issues such as the cost of living crisis
• a knowledge of local services would be an advantage but not essential
How much time would you be asked to contribute?
A regular morning or afternoon, frequency to be discussed, but at least monthly.
How do you apply?