08 October 2018
This year, Libraries Week is all about wellbeing, giving us the opportunity to remind you about some of the wonderful services available from Essex Libraries.
We’re highlighting 6 things libraries offer which help people to stay connected, feel happy, get involved and provide support.
- Our Sensory Walls in Basildon, Chelmsford, Loughton and Colchester libraries support children and adults of all abilities. With so much to discover, including light, sound and texture, find out about available private and open group sessions.
- Book groups are a great way to meet new people and share a love of reading. Make time for yourself, and get stuck in to some great books. You may even find a new favourite author!
- For anyone living with memory loss we offer a membership card that doesn’t incur any late return fees. Find out more about the Memory Support Card.
- Volunteering is a great way to get more involved in your community. Whatever your skills or interests, we have a variety of volunteering opportunities available, from taking books to people’s homes, to running Code Clubs or delivering Rhymetimes.
- For free access to hundreds of the latest magazines and newspapers, as they appear in print, from the UK and beyond, try out PressReader. Install the PressReader app on your mobile device or visit pressreader.com on your PC or laptop and start making use of this great new resource, free with your library card.
- Essex Libraries offer space for hire, enabling you to start that group or club you’ve been dreaming of. We currently have a wide selection of activities happening in libraries out of hours, from Dungeons and Dragons to seated yoga.