13 June 2022
Adult Community Learning (ACL) are running a series of workshops at Harwich Library to give parents the knowledge and skills to support their children with their literacy needs. You can book your free place now.
- Friday 10th June 9:30-11:00am: For parents of KS3 children (Year 7-9). This workshop will help parents of early secondary school years to support their children with their literacy needs ready for GCSE’s.
- Friday 17th June 9:30-11:00am: For parents of KS2 children (Year 3-6). This workshop will help move your child on from KS2 to KS3 reading. Support for parents on finding challenging but age-appropriate texts for their child, developing vocabulary and inspiring children to read for pleasure.
- Friday 24th June 9:30-11:00am: For parents of KS1 children (Year 1-2). This workshop will help support your child with developing phonics understanding, comprehension and spelling, punctuation and grammar required in KS1. It will also help to encourage reluctant readers.
- Friday 1st July 9:30-11:00am: For parents of children starting primary school. This workshop will help move your child onto how they will learn to develop their language skills and what you as a parent can do to support them ready for this transition.
- Friday 8th July 9:30-11:00am: For parents of Early Years children. This workshop will support parents by discussing our role as a communication champion, by bringing stories to life by props, puppets, sharing stories and talking.
- Friday 15th June 9:30-11:00am: For parents/carers to develop adult literacy support. This workshop will support you in whatever literacy needs you have. Are you confused by how English is taught in schools, the terminology used, and feel like your child is more advanced than you? Do you need to gain a qualification in Functional Skills or GCSE for future work, or do you want to enhance your skills for pleasure? We can support you on all of this and more.