Access is provided to the libraries computers on condition that:
- you do not access any material which in law it would be an offence to
possess, transmit or publish
- you do not access any material which could be reasonably expected to
cause offence to library staff or other customers
- if you inadvertently access such material you immediately log off the site
you do not attempt unauthorised access to restricted areas of the network
- you use the computers and other equipment provided in accordance with
the conditions set out in this document (scroll down to view the full text)
Deliberate or wilful misuse of Essex Libraries’ Internet service or damage to any computer equipment may result in your access being withdrawn.
Conditions of use
- Essex County Council does not accept any responsibility for the availability of the Internet service, nor does it guarantee that bookings made in advance will be honoured if circumstances dictate otherwise. In this case ECC accepts no liability for any consequential loss or damages arising out of attempts to take up such a booking.
- Staff may assist customers by recommending Internet resources either in person or via our own web pages. Whilst every attempt is made to ensure the accuracy and reliability of such information Essex Libraries can accept no liability for loss or damages arising from use of any information accessed in this manner.
- Software is provided on the equipment to protect against computer viruses, however Essex Libraries cannot accept responsibility or liability for loss or damages arising from the use of any computer equipment it provides, including any loss of data. Financial transactions may be carried out using the computer equipment.
- Responsibility for the security of such transactions rests with the user and Essex Libraries cannot accept responsibility or liability for any loss or damages arising from such use of its equipment.
- Where email services are listed they are provided by third party companies and organisations and any arrangements entered into by users who register with such companies are the responsibility of the individual registering. Essex Libraries do not accept any responsibility for contracts made between its customers and third party organisations.
If you would like to see a full copy of the Libraries Computer Acceptable Use Policy please email email@example.com