Library computers and Wi-Fi
There are a limited number of public computers available.
- Use of the computers is free of charge.
- Sessions are available for 60 minutes and can be extended longer automatically if there are no other customers waiting.
- You can book a session in advance or walk-in (subject to availability).
You can book a library computer session online or by ringing the library enquiry line on 0345 603 7628. You will need a permanent library card number to complete your booking.
Printing is available in most libraries. Please check individual library locations for details before booking.
- All library computers are subject to our acceptable use policy
- Public computers in libraries are powered down automatically 10 minutes before closing time. Please plan your activity accordingly to avoid disappointment.
All library computers have the following Microsoft Office applications:
Accessibility software is installed on all machines. This enlarges the screen display or reads text out loud.
Wireless Internet Access (Wi-Fi)
You can bring your own device to the library and take advantage of the free Wi-Fi. Simply connect your device to “Essex Library Wi-Fi” at any of our libraries
You just need to complete a simple registration to log on.
Use of the library Wi-Fi is subject to our Wi-Fi Acceptable Use Policy
Using a printer or scanner
You can print from the public computers in many libraries but please check individual library locations for details before booking.
You are welcome to bring in a USB memory stick.
Some libraries have scanners available, please check individual library locations.