Books and e-books
Borrow for three weeks: Free
Charges are as follows:
- requests that you place yourself via the library catalogue - Free
- requests made through library staff (excluding items obtained from the British Library) - £1.10
- requests using the online request form (use this form if you have been unable to find a book, spoken word CD, music CD or DVD by searching the library catalogue) - £1.10
- Items obtained from another library authority outside of The Libraries Consortium - £8.85 per item
- items obtained from the British Library (books and articles) - £26.00 per item
- Renewal of British Library loans - £5.50 per item per renewal
Children, young adults, Home Library service users and Access library card holders are exempt from these charges.
- 1 to 3 CDs or cassettes - £1.20 for 3 weeks
- 4 or more CDs or cassettes - £2.40 for 3 weeks
- Children’s audio books - £1.20 for 3 weeks
- e-audio - free
- Music CDs - £1.20 for 1 week
- £2.30 per item, per week
Language courses are available at the following rates:
- single CD for 3 weeks - £1.15
- multiple CDs for 6 weeks - £4.15
- Online language courses - free
How to pay
We are currently accepting card payment through the self-service machines and online.
You can make an online payment by logging in to your account on the library catalogue. Please note that you will need to use the desktop site to make a payment.