Harlow Library is a large two-storey building from the 1960s in the heart of the town centre. It was extensively refurbished in 2022 and is now a high quality, welcoming and inclusive space meeting residents’ needs and accommodating Adult Community Learning (ACL).
The improved library space includes:
- good stocks of books and resources that customers want
- a café serving light snacks and drinks
- a large, vibrant, exciting children's library, with sensory equipment
- a modern, flexible layout that can be used for events and group gatherings
- quiet spaces where you can sit, study, read or work
- a literacy area, with special books and materials for people of all ages who want help with their reading
- an event/exhibition space on the first floor run in partnership with ACL
All windows have been replaced; there is a new heating and ventilation system; new flooring and decoration.