Will poor Stick Man ever make it back to his family, a dog wants to play with him, a swan builds her nest with him and children want him to become all kinds of different things.
Now you’ve enjoyed a great book, try this:
in the great outdoors…
- Pooh Sticks! If your local green space has a river with a bridge over it you could try playing Pooh Sticks.
- Everyone finds a stick and stands on the bridge.
- Drop your sticks at the same time and run to the other side of the bridge.
- Whose stick will win the race?
and at home…
- Create a nature collage!
- Go for a walk and collect sticks, leaves and other bits of nature and then use them to create a collage.
- If you want to avoid the mess of using glue you could use clear sticky back plastic / self-adhesive covering film.
- Cut a square and peel off the backing. Your child can then place their items onto the sticky side of the film.
- Cover the artwork with a backing (you could use the original backing paper, another piece of a paper or another piece of clear stick back) and press firmly.