Requests can be placed with us directly online or by email or telephone and will be delivered to the Essex County Council library of your choice. Reservations are made on a first come, first served basis. If Essex Libraries does not hold a set, we can search for out-of-county locations to try and satisfy your request. Please help us to help you by observing the following conditions:
- Allow a minimum of one month’s notice when placing a request. We cannot accept requests made more than six months in advance.
- Please inform us if you would like a specific edition, otherwise we shall assume that any edition is suitable.
- There is a cancellation fee if a set is cancelled with less than six weeks notice. This is 50% of the total charge for the requested items.
- The receipt form for each set should be signed and returned to us at the above address as soon as possible. Check that you have received the same number of parts/copies as listed before signing.
- Please make sure that any marks made are in soft pencil and are removed prior to return, otherwise you may be charged for replacement.
- Please do not stick anything to the scores/scripts or try to repair them.
- If you are late returning items, further hire charges will be levied.
- If you need extra time to retrieve missing parts, please contact us.
- Your society is liable for any unreturned copies and will be required to replace them. If missing parts/copies are unobatainable then replacements should be sourced before the return date, otherwise you may be charged for an extended loan until we receive them.
- Ensure boxes and packets are securely taped and addressed using the address label provided. Please do not use string.
Thank you for your cooperation. Acknowledgement of Essex County Council Libraries in any programme notes is much appreciated.