Access to the library WiFi is provided on condition that:
- you do not access any material which in law it would be an offence to possess, transmit or publish
- you do not access any material which could be reasonably expected to cause offence to library staff or other customer and that if you inadvertently access such material you immediately log off the site
- you do not attempt unauthorised access to restricted areas of the network
you use your equipment entirely at your own risk; Essex County Council will not accept liability for any damage or malfunction however caused
- you do not attempt to gain access to any other customer’s computer or other wireless device
Deliberate or wilful misuse of Essex Libraries' internet service may result in your access being withdrawn.
Conditions of use
- Essex County Council does not accept any responsibility for the availability of the wireless Internet service, nor any liability for any loss resulting from the non-availability of the WiFi service.
- Staff may assist customers by recommending Internet resources either in person or via our own web pages. Whilst every attempt is made to ensure the accuracy and reliability of such information Essex Libraries can accept no liability for loss or damages arising from use of any information accessed in this manner.
- It is recommended that you have anti-virus and anti-malware software installed on your PC and that you keep it updated. Essex County Council accepts no responsibility for viruses or security breaches.
- Financial transactions may be carried out using the wireless Internet. Responsibility for the security of such transactions rests with the user and Essex Libraries cannot accept responsibility or liability for any loss or damages arising from such use of its network.
If you would like to see a full copy of the Libraries WiFi Access Policy please email email@example.com