Using BorrowBox for the first time
BorrowBox offers fiction and non-fiction e-books and e-audiobooks which can be downloaded to your device.
- Download the free BorrowBox app from the iTunes store.
- You will need to select Essex Libraries and log in with your library card number and pincode.
- You will need to agree with the terms and conditions.
Borrowing e-books and e-audiobooks
- After you have logged in you will arrive at the My Loans page which is where you will be able to see your loans and reservations.
- Tap the buttons at the bottom of this screen to browse the e-books or e-audiobooks, search for a particular title or change the settings.
- Once you have identified a title you'd like to borrow, click on the title and you will be given more information about the book plus the option to preview, borrow or reserve, if the item is already on loan.
- Once you click on borrow you will be asked to confirm the loan. You will then be given the option to download or continue browsing. You will receive an email with a link to download the item.
- You can download and enjoy your e-book or e-audiobook at any time by returning to the My Loans page.
- You can borrow or reserve up to 7 e-books and 7 e-audiobooks from BorrowBox for a period of 21 days, in addition to 14 physical items on your library card.
- If you need more information on using BorrowBox, there is a very comprehensive help section which should answer any of the questions you may have. Please note: you need to be logged in to view the help pages.