There’s a warm surprise at the end of this book which will give anyone who loves to share a big warm glow and a smile. A little girl, her marmalade cat and a garden bird work together to make it all happen.
Now you’ve enjoyed a great book, try this:
in the great outdoors…
Grow a Sock!
- Grab an old pair of socks and stick them over your child’s wellies.
- Go for a walk outside on a dry day, through long grass (the sock will collect seeds as you walk).
- When you get home, give your child a jam jar to put their sock in, help them cover the sock with soil and sprinkle with water.
- Leave on the windowsill to grow.
and at home…
Make a Mosaic seed picture.
- Help your child collect together seeds of all sorts of shapes, sizes and colour; rice, beans, bird seed, corn kernels, and sunflower seeds.
- Get them to draw a picture on a piece of card, help them squeeze some glue on one part of the picture and place seeds on the glue.
- They can cover the entire image with seeds or make their own abstract patterns and designs.