Take your child on a forest journey and meet the acorn who doesn’t want to be eaten.
Meet the colourful woodland animals who want to eat him! Can they be patient and wait? Explore the life story of the great oak together, in this surprising book.
in the great outdoors…
- Create an Acorn World.
- Collect acorns and share the fun of drawing on faces with felt tipped pens.
- Why not use the acorn cups as hats?
- Build a home for them.
- Your child could take a photograph of your World by lying flat on the ground and getting really close up.
and at home…
Bake some Acorn Cookies
175g/6oz Plain Flour
100g/4oz Butter or Margarine
50g/2oz Caster Sugar
Pre-heat oven to 150°C/300°F Gas 2
- Cream the butter/margarine and caster sugar together until they are light and fluffy.
- Stir in the flour and once mixed knead the dough together until it forms a ball, add a sprinkle of flour if the dough is at all sticky.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface until it is about 5mm thick.
- Cut out the dough using an oval cutter. Sprinkle the bottom half of the biscuits with chocolate sprinkles.
- Bake on a floured baking tray in the centre of the oven for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on a wire tray before taking them with you into the wild outdoors as a snack!