What bugs can you and your child find in your garden or near where you live? Can you find a jumpy bug or a spiky bug? Ask your child what their best bug might be like. Share the book – discover the bugs together!
Now you’ve enjoyed a great book, try this:
in the great outdoors…
- Create a picture of a bug on the ground together.
- Ask your child what they think.
- Ask them if they can make a snake from sticks or if those large leaves make butterfly wings?
- Can they move like the bug, flutter like a butterfly or slither like a snake?
and at home…
- Collect some stones with your child. Using paint, create your own bugs.
- You could paint one red with black spots to make a ladybird or invent your own special family bug.
- Your child could make up a name for your family bug.