Donkey sets up a tent in the garden and Goat goes to the treehouse. One wants to read a book and one wants to explore the great outdoors, but it’s not until they agree to meet half way that they enjoy a better holiday than either of them could have imagined.
Now you’ve enjoyed a great book, try this:
in the great outdoors…
- Take a picnic and spend the day making a den with your child. All Essex County Council Country Parks promote nature play. Wildplay is free! Follow these tips to make an exciting special place
- Don’t cut or break branches off of trees; look for logs and sticks on the ground.
- Use the heavy long sticks first and then pile on lighter ones.
- You can also use items you have with you such as a picnic blanket or raincoats!
- You may want to pack some string and a pair of scissors.
- Don’t worry about the weather – the rain can be even more exciting when snuggled inside a den.
and at home…
- Go for a walk together and collect some small sticks.
- Make photo frames by gluing them onto a piece of card.
- Your child could use it to frame a picture of themselves and their best friend or a picture of you both enjoying your den!